The National Association of Manufacturing, an organization that represents the manufacturing industry in advocating policy change, outlined the top 20 facts about the manufacturing industry.
- In the most recent data, manufacturers contributed $2.25 trillion to the U.S. economy in 2016.
- For every $1.00 spent in manufacturing, another $1.89 is added to the economy.
- The majority of manufacturing firms in the US are quite small.
- Almost two-thirds of manufacturers are organized as pass-through entities.
- There are nearly 12.5 million manufacturing workers in the US, which account for 8.5% of the workforce.
Get the details and read about the remaining 10 by visiting their website fact sheet.